cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

license downgrade

KA_10353348
3-Visitor

license downgrade

Hi All,

I would like to know if it is possible for users to use downgraded versions of software in the current subscription licensing model or is it something that PTC restricts somehow? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@KA_10353348 wrote:

Hi All,

I would like to know if it is possible for users to use downgraded versions of software in the current subscription licensing model or is it something that PTC restricts somehow? 

Hi,

if you buy Creo Parametric Subscription license now you will receive license file containing Creo Parametric 9.0 license. The license enables you to install an run any Creo Parametric release starting from 2.0 to 9.0 and also ProE Wildfire.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@KA_10353348 wrote:

Hi All,

Hi,

if you buy Creo Parametric Subscription license now you will receive license file containing Creo Parametric 9.0 license. The license enables you to install an run any Creo Parametric release starting from 2.0 to 9.0 and also ProE Wildfire.

Martin Hanák

Thank you @MartinHanak 

Would it also be similar for ArborText and Windchill?

Hi,

I hope the situation is similar for ArborText and Windchill ... unfortunately I am not 100% sure.

Martin Hanák

If I remember correctly, Arbortext licenses work the same way (you get one license for latest available version and it allows for running older versions as well). Windchill licenses also allow you to run older versions of the software, they are mostly for establishing which users can connect to the system.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KA_10353348)

Windchill licensing is a bit more complex.

Prior to Windchill 11.1, there was no license checking with Windchill.

After 11.1, you may need multiple licenses to accomplish your tasks.

All versions since 11.1 should work with the generated licenses key.

Top Tags