cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

license manager for me10

RogerEngee
1-Newbie

license manager for me10

We have an old version of ME10 8.0 and some legacy drawings which we have not converted to dxf/dwg

Recently, i accidentally uninstall the LM on the license server (Win2K server)

Anyone has any ideas how do i download and reinstall the LM?

My user is fuming mad and i'm getting abit stressed. (attached)

Rdgs,

Roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re-installing the License Server (MEls) should not be a big deal.

Hopefully you still have the *licenses* (MEls.conf)?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Re-installing the License Server (MEls) should not be a big deal.

Hopefully you still have the *licenses* (MEls.conf)?

Capture.JPG

Hi Max, thanks for your advice.

Does ME10 licenses come in .txt like most other CAD systems?

I found an old .txt (attached but can't make sense of what the asset is.

Do the LM convert it to MELs.conf as you mentioned after the installation is completed?

Thanks,

Roger (Singapore)

ndodelova
4-Participant
(To:RogerEngee)

Regarding the license file you have send us you have 7 licenses of ME10 (The name of the license file is MELs.conf).

You can use all of the licenses  after a new installation of the License Server.

This license file is open and is not converted to any binary format after the installation.

The nice thing with Creo Elements/Direct products is that the investment of the customers are protected forever by keeping the licenses usable with the new versions of the License servers.

Natalia, thanks for your comments.

It is good to know we may preserve our assets forever.

Though, we may proceed with a new license procurement of Creo Elements direct drafting for future use.

Cheers.

Hi Natalia, just a note on your comment on protecting assets forever..

The issue comes when your MIS says they need to upgrade the server OS or decommission the server hardware.

I don't think there's any way to request for a new license file (with the updated MAC address) for an outdated/out-of-maintenance ME license from ptc without incurring any additional cost. Unless there's a way for the IS guys to "rename" the new machine MAC to the same MAC as the old.

Roger

ndodelova
4-Participant
(To:RogerEngee)

Hi,

I don't know, in which way it is handled from PTC the request of converting your old licenses to a new MAC address in your region. Please contact your local PTC office or reseller.

Another possibility is still to keep your old license server PC somewhere on your net, which is used only for serving these licenses.

Regards

Your License File already contains the answer:

It is possible to "move" licenses from one HW-ID to another.

However, you will indeed need to contact PTC to request the move.

NOTE: Once you have moved to a different HW-ID, you are now longer allowed to use the licenses bound to the old HW-ID.

Recommendation: Transfer to a HW-ID that is "portable", e.g. a USB WLAN Stick

Once you have moved your licenses to a WLAN Stick (which has a MAC like a normal Network Card), you have more flexibilty.

The license file indicates that the licenses have been "moved" to HW-ID 0x00110a9b0d7d - which is the MAC-Adress of the Network Card.

As Natalia described, you can install *any* version of the License Server, so the Software is really not an issue.

However, installing the License Server Software only makes sense if you still have the Computer with the HW-ID (MAC) above, because

the licenses are bound to this HW-ID.

To check the MAC, type the following command in a DOS command window:

ipconfig /all

Hope this helps

Hi Max,

Indeed we are still on the old HW-ID (MAC)

Capture.JPG

The MELs version installed was 14.0.1

MELs.JPG

Thanks for all your sharing within this KM community.

Roger (Singapore)

Hi Roger,

Since all is working fine, I suggest you mark your post as "answered" - OK?

Have a nice WE,

Max

Hi Max, done

Top Tags