cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

lmadmin_ptc during standby

MK_QOJ
4-Participant

lmadmin_ptc during standby

Hello there,

do you know if it is possible to let the service "lmadmin_ptc" (which provides the license) run during standby of windows? Our license server for floating licenses will be temporarily on a small PC and i don't want the machine to be turned on 24/7.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:MK_QOJ)

You should do a search on Windows sleep modes. There are apparently quite a number of them. It's not a Creo specific thing that is troubling you, it's Windows-related. From anything I've found, when the computer goes into sleep mode it stops everything in terms of CPU activity. This will include lmadmin_ptc, the service that provides licenses. You're going to have to keep that computer going if you want it to act as if it's a server, it seems.

If it were me I'd just keep the computer going, but turn off the monitor.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The service must be running while users are accessing licenses. There is a heartbeat check between the workstations and the server.

MK_QOJ
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Of course, my question was if the service is still running while Windows is on stand by mode, we have no time to test it.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

You should do a search on Windows sleep modes. There are apparently quite a number of them. It's not a Creo specific thing that is troubling you, it's Windows-related. From anything I've found, when the computer goes into sleep mode it stops everything in terms of CPU activity. This will include lmadmin_ptc, the service that provides licenses. You're going to have to keep that computer going if you want it to act as if it's a server, it seems.

If it were me I'd just keep the computer going, but turn off the monitor.

Top Tags