cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

notation options for ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE

Innoptus_Ferry
11-Garnet

notation options for ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE

Hello All, 

Is anybody able to explain to me how it is possible that adding:  Serialnumber@Flexnetversion as a ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE in the *.psf file , creo connects to the license server? 

e.g.:"ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE=7788@xx.x.xx.xxx;7788@xxxxxxxxx;2017260@11.14.0.1

xx.x.xx.xxx = IP4 adres server

xxxxxxxxx = name server

2017260@11.14.0.1 = Serialnumber of flexnet   @   Version of flexnet

adding this: 2017260@11.14.0.1 to the ENV line resulted in being able to connect to the license server, without this text, starting Creo resulted in a (-96) Failed to connect to server...

BR

Ferry

19 REPLIES 19

Hi,

PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE variable is used to define path to license manager.

Path format ... TCP_port_number@server_ID

TCP_port_number

• default number is 7788
  • IT admin can change default number
  • I think that in your case default number was changed to 2017260 - therefore 7788 does not work

server_ID

• ID can be server name -OR- server IPv4 address

Martin Hanák

Thank you Martin for your reply.

I understand your explanation about the tcp port and Server ID. 

We have checked the details of the  FLEXnet web admin at customer  and 2017260 seems to be the serial number and 11.14.0.0 can maby be an IP4 adress but is also the current version of the software. 

BR

Ferry

2017260 is too high for a TCP port. 11.14.0.0 would be a very strange IP. Is it an public IP.

Which server lists Creo? Open Creo got to File > Help > System Information -> Servername:...

how about ptcstatus.bat?

br Bernhard

Hello bmüller, 

So the psf file lists several options to adress the server, on port 7788,  IP adress and server name. 

And thus also the FLEXSerial@FLEXversion

In creo the support.inf file states the IP adres as the Server Name. 

PTC_Status gives the same info. 

So the psf file lists several options to adress the server, on port 7788,  IP adress and server name. 

what happens if you list only on server entry FQDN or IP?

PTC_Status gives the same info. 

with port@licenseServer or serial@version? whats "the same"?

are there multiple License Servers running on the Server? check e.g. with currports.

With FQDN you mean the servername?   (7788@SERVERNAME)

We have tried that, when listing only those two or one of them each, we get an (-96) failed to reach license server message. 

---

"the same" as in: 

File>Help>System Information gives:   Server Name: xx.x.xx.xxx  (x= the IP adres)

ptcstatus gives:                                     License Server is UP: 7788@xx.x.xx.xxx  (x= the IP adres)

---

As of our knowledge there are no other license servers running on the Server. Client Server is a PTC CREO dedicated server what has been set up for Engineers from the company located in an other country

hm ok, what happens if you add anything else instead of serial@version

e.g. 7788@xx.x.xx.xxx;q@b

maybe it's a line ending problem?

> As of our knowledge there are no other license servers running on the Server.

can you confirm this?

we had the -96 error with a wrong servername in license.dat.

the Problem was that we had only the servername, but Clients needed the FQDN - Servername.company.local.

but I don't know why serial@... should have a change 😄

I think you should have a closer look on the license Server.

have you contacted PTC?

We'll try that. 

PTC knows of the 'problem' but is not able to explain why serial@version is working. 

thanks

Just FYI,

(-96) error can be caused by firewall running on server and blocking communication with clients.

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin, 

Yes could be, but will it also block:

7788@IP_ADRESS;7788@SERVERNAME

and do not block:

7788@IP_ADRESS;7788@SERVERNAME;SERIAL@VERSION ?

Ferry 

I am sorry, I have never seen SERIAL@VERSION.

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Innoptus_Ferry)

FYI, 2017260 is the build code for Creo Parametric 4.0 M030.  I don't think it has anything to do with Flexnet.

Hello TomU, 

I am not familiar with a Creo date code in that form. Is there a method of finding such a number within my own Creo Parametric Session?

The code 2017260 is mentioned in the Flexnet Publisher Webinterface under System Information and is called Volume Serial Number. 

BR Ferry

The picture is unreadable.

Martin Hanák

This one is better

Ferry

Previous information ...

The code 2017260 is mentioned in the Flexnet Publisher Webinterface under System Information and is called Volume Serial Number. 

In the picture there is no code 2017260. The picture does not contain any usefull information. You removed server name, server IP address, FLEXnet port number.

Martin Hanák

Yes, 

This is a screen shot my own flexnet publisher, and for privacy reasons I have removed some of the unimportant info.  

The number 2017260 is from a customer and the number of his Volume Serial Number.

The picture is to clarify where the numbers come from. Not everybody is familiar with FlexNet Publisher I guessed. 

FH

Hi,

please do not expect that you will get help for your customer on community web.

Contact PTC Support and manage contact of PTC Support with your customer. If your customer has active Global Support, then PTC Support will help them directly.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, 

We have tried with PTC. Unfortunatly PTC Support never heard of the combination with in the psf file. 

With the PTC Community i'm reaching a lot of experienced users so I still have good hoop of reaching someone whom is able to explain why it work. 

FH

Top Tags