I'm trying to open an .ipt file and receiving an error message from Creo: "Inventor license error".
Not sure how to get this to work, as far as I know Creo should have the capability to open the file; I've moved the file into my working directory but past that, I'm coming up blank.
Solved! Go to Solution.
at http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS28543 you can read the following information:
4. Creo Parametric 1.0 interface for Autodesk Inventor
• Support Autodesk Inventor import version 2009, 2010 and 2011
• Support Autodesk Inventor export version N/A
• Requires a licensed installation of Autodesk Inventor 2009, 2010, or 2011.
• No additional Pro/ENGINEER licenses are required.
• Imports AutoDesk Inventor versions up to and including the version of AutoDesk Inventor installed
• AutoDesk Inventor Apprentice is not officially supported.
Do you have AutoDesk Inventor installed on your PC ?
No, just Creo Parametric. The file was sent to me from another company; nobody in my office is running Inventor.