cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

printer settings

Danr
1-Newbie

printer settings

After I upgraded to wildfire 4.0 my drawing prints don't look the same. Somehow I lost all my printer/plotter settings. Can someone help me to correct this with a detailed instruction?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Dan

It would be better to understand your problem if U can give a screenshot

1. But before that check that Your CONFIG.pro file is the same one used earlier or not

If not use earlier CONFIG.pro file

2.Check in the config file that all the file paths are available

If your problem still the same give the screenshot to understand better

Hi Dan...

I'd be happy to take a look at this for you. As the other responder posted, it would be a great help if you could either describe "how" your prints look differently or provide a screenshot. There are quite a few ways this printing issue can arise. There are printer configuration files, config.pro/config.sup options, NEW options in WF4 and WF5 that can gum up the works, pen table files, and even configuration files saved in the printers themselves. Any one of these could be missing or altered which could cause your problem.

Give us a little more information and background and I'm sure we can help.

Thanks!

-Brian

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:Danr)

Hello,

By the way, does anyone know if it's possible to simply print documents like on any other windows software without having to bother with pen tables etc... as I'm printing mainly on a HP laserjet printer.

I really don't understand why PTC sometimes makes things so complicated !

Hi Raphael...

Yes, what you're asking is definitely possible. By default you can print just about anything to a standard Windows printer without tweaking settings for line thickness. The pen table files are only necessary if you want to change the defaults. What version of Pro/E are you running? In Wildfire 5, printing is pretty effortless.

Thanks!

-Brian

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:Danr)

Hi Brian,

I'm using Creo for now. Do you mean if I don't specify a pen table it will print my drawings as I see them on my screen ? Thanks for your help.

Hi Raphael,

The default settings are usually fine for most people. I don't see why these wouldn't work for you straight out of the box.

From the Publish tab, select the radio button for Print/Plot then select Settings. This will bring up the Printer Configuration tool. Make sure MS Printer Manager is set as the default "Printer". Select OK to exit the tool.

Print your drawing by selecting Print from the Publish tab.This should bring up the familiar windows print tool. Select the appropriate printer and the size paper (if necessary). By dafult your prints should look very similar to the on-screen drawing in Pro/E. The only time you really need to edit the pen table files is if certain lines appear too dark/light or you want to adjust the default print configuration. For most work, this shouldn't be necessary.

There are ways to create and manage printers within Pro/E, but usually this isn't necessary. Just use MS Printer Manager and select from printers as you would in any Microsoft Office program.

But perhaps I'm missing the point of your question?

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags