cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

productview lite images not rendering correctly

jfrankovich
10-Marble

productview lite images not rendering correctly

We have a few users that are having problems with Productview Lite not rendering Windchill thumbnails as well as not rendering any 2d or 3d viewables. It pulls up the viewable, but the viewing window stays on the Productview startup image. Moving the mouse across the startup image does behave as if the model is there, showing part numbers, changing for edges, surfaces, etc. Also, the model tree on these show white boxes for assembly subcomponents instead of blue boxes as on the systems that are working correctly.

Any ideas why this might not be working correctly? We have tried reinstalling things several times.

4 REPLIES 4

I would try disabling all anti-virus, windows firewalls and any popup blockers. Also make sure you are installing it with a user that has Admin Priv's over there machine. Are you installing it on a supported operating system for your version of ProductView?

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

[cid:image001.gif@01CB3F83.09DCEBD0]

You can also try putting your Windchill site addressin the trusted sites list in Internet Explorer and setting the permissions to low.

Another thing to check into is the version of JAVA you are running and make sure it is compatible with the version of Windchill you have. For example, 1.6.0_18 seems to work very well with Windchill 9.0 m060

I have to rant a little bit here and say that ProductView Lite is the worst part of Windchill, and probably the most visible. Everytime a Windchill user wants to view a drawing or model they have to use this worthless POS (Piece Of Software). It is hard to use, hard to set up correctly, doesn't do what you want, and locks up IE or your computer intermittently. Try printing out 6-10 drawings as quick as you can. That will almost always lock up IE and leave a bunch of pvlite.exe processes hanging in your task manager.

We have had a tech call logged for over 18 months with how PV Lite deals with font sizes on drawings and it is still not resolved. Bleeeech!!

-marc

Hi John,

I would check if the Graphics card of the user is compatable.Recomendedlist is:

<u>http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/52592/en/proewf4.pdf</u>

<u>http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/77552/en/proewf5.pdf</u>

Althought the above list is for Pro/E; same holds good for PV. Check if graphics card drivers are up-to-date. If not; update to the latest.

regards,

Vaibhav

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:jfrankovich)

Hello

another route to explore is the driver of the Graphic card. I had problem once and updating the driver helped.

Good luck

Top Tags