cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

"Try before you buy" problem

ptc-2289807
1-Newbie

"Try before you buy" problem

Good day! I just got the trial licence for AAX. The instruction says, save the license in the main directory of proe (C:/Program files/proe wildfire 5.0) with the name "ptctrylic.dat" I did what was instructed but i still cannot open the floating module in Tools>Floating module. Am I doing something wrong? Please help. Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

"johnleo ramos" wrote:

Good day! I just got the trial licence for AAX. The instruction says, save the license in the main directory of proe (C:/Program files/proe wildfire 5.0) with the name "ptctrylic.dat" I did what was instructed but i still cannot open the floating module in Tools>Floating module. Am I doing something wrong? Please help. Thanks in advance

Martin Hanák

Martin, I am not familiar with the proe launch command. can you give detailed instruction. attached here is the license file that wildfire gave me "ptctrylic.dat". And this is the instruction given by wildfire on how to install. Pro/ENGINEER Module Try-Before-You-Buy Installation Instructions Please follow these instructions to configure your trial options with Pro/ENGINEER: 1.After the module trial form is completed, an email will be sent to the address you have provided. 2.The email contains a license agreement file called "sw_trial_email_xxxxxx.txt", please: •Save the license pack (sw_trial_email_xxxxxx.txt) to the main Pro/ENGINEER directory on your hard drive (example: C:\Program Files\ProENGINEER). •Rename the file you have just saved to "ptctrylic.dat". •You can then access your module by selecting Utilities, Floating Modules in Pro/ENGINEER. It will be necessary to acquire your trial options in this way at the beginning of each new Pro/ENGINEER session. appreciate the help. thanks

Martin this is the content of the license file.

I finally got it. I added the ptctrylic.dat to my active license using ptc setup.(thought you should know). the instruction did not mention to re-run set-up and add the license. now the problem is how to utilize the features.lol proe now recognizes the extension but i dont see the difference in the menu. does anyone have an idea. or anyone using AAX.

The differences are subtle; lots of formerly grayed-out options now available: Layout, Skeletons, Program for Assemblies, etc.
Top Tags