cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

reconfigure crashing on start

LT_10590243
4-Participant

reconfigure crashing on start

Reconfigure crashing when trying to start. Getting a WER-Dump (pim_re.exe) which i cannot access. Using Creo Parametric Version 9.0.0.0. WER-Dump is included. Any ideas on how to fix this?

25 REPLIES 25
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:LT_10590243)

Commercial version or student version?

LT_10590243
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Student Version. Also i tried to reinstall it but when trying to run the setup.exe i get the same crash problem

This doesnt solve my problem. My problem is that it wont even run the setup.exe and it gives me an application error in the event viewer

@LT_10590243 wrote:

This doesnt solve my problem. My problem is that it wont even run the setup.exe and it gives me an application error in the event viewer

Hi,

maybe your Windows installation is not "compatible" with Creo. I hope your computer has Intel/AMD processor and Windows 10/11.

Martin Hanák

I have an AMD CPU and Win11 and definitely is compartible as it ran the entire last schoolyear. It just started happening when i wanted to renew the license

Hi,

if Creo is still installed on your computer then you can request new license via email.

Please submit a request to academicsupport@ptc.com

Send the Mac address and the product code and they will send you the license file.

If you uninstalled Creo that you would probably need to reinstall Win11.

Martin Hanák

I unfortunately uninstalled it. Is the only way to get it running again to reinstall the entire OS?

Hi,

I am sorry but I do not know. I have never met such problem. Maybe you can try installing Creo 10.0.

Martin Hanák

The problem is that we dont use the normal creo and have a "addon" that we only have for creo 9. But thank you for helping

Hi,

last suggestion.

• create new administrator account in Windows
  • login as new administrator
  • try running setup.exe from unzipped installation package.

Martin Hanák

... and another suggestion >>> copy Creo installation from a colleague's pc (Creo doesn't have to be installed).

Martin Hanák

So just copy over all the files from the PTC folders in the programmData folder and in the prigrams folder?

@LT_10590243 wrote:

So just copy over all the files from the PTC folders in the programmData folder and in the prigrams folder?

Hi,

• copy C:\Program Files\PTC directory
  • request license file via email
  • put license file into directory of your choice
  • modify the contents of Parametric\bin\parametric.psf file (it must contain the path to the right license file)
  • start Creo

Martin Hanák

Hello again,

so i have reinstalled Win11 but it still doesn't work. But i do think that i didn't start the right .exe file to start creo from the copied files. Can you help me on where the right .exe is located? And also, when requesting the license file via email, what should the product code look like? I don't know it myself as we get the installation from our school

@LT_10590243 wrote:

Hello again,

so i have reinstalled Win11 but it still doesn't work. But i do think that i didn't start the right .exe file to start creo from the copied files. Can you help me on where the right .exe is located? And also, when requesting the license file via email, what should the product code look like? I don't know it myself as we get the installation from our school

Hi,

• open File Explorer window
  • browse to C:\Users\Public\Documents directory
  • in C:\Users\Public\Documents directory >>> create shortcut to Parametric\bin\parametric.exe file
  • in shortcut properties enter C:\Users\Public\Documents into Start in field
  • doubleclick shortcut to start Creo

Martin Hanák

Ok, i got that. Can you also help me to find the product code to request the new license file?

@LT_10590243 wrote:

Ok, i got that. Can you also help me to find the product code to request the new license file?

Hi,

you get the installation from your school ... so please ask your school for product code.

Usually, product code is included in license file name. License file could be located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory.

Martin Hanák

is it the part of the name before the "_license.dat"?

@LT_10590243 wrote:

is it the part of the name before the "_license.dat"?

Yes, it is.

Martin Hanák

Ok, thank you. I'm gonna try it with the license file that i'm gonna get. Do i have to create a new directory in ProgrammData for the license-file as i don't have the original directory anymore?

Hi,

• you can save license file in directory of your choice, eg. C:\PTC\license_files
  • Parametric\bin\parametric.psf file must contain the path to the license file

Martin Hanák

Ok, thank you. I'll be coming back to you if i need any more help

Also, about how long will it take to send me the license file?

Because i need it fairly soon for school

Hi,

unfortunately I can't tell you how long it takes before PTC responds to your email request. Cross your fingers and hope.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags