cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

scheduled task problem

davehaigh
11-Garnet

scheduled task problem

I've created a script to do an install of Creo on client machines using a scheduled task.

We have three levels of user logins each with its own set of administrator rights or lack thereof.

Normal user = No admin rights
Elevated user = General admin rights on specific computers
God = Full admin rights on all computers

I'm just an elevated user.

I have a script that schedules an AT command on a client computer to do a silent install of Creo.

If I run this command as my elevated user, and the target client is a computer I have admin rights to, everything works as expected.

If my GOD administrator runs the same command, it schedules the command on the target computer, but it doesn't do the install. Looking at the scheduled tasks the next morning it shows that it's still running, but there are no processes in the task manager related to the install, and no files have been touched on the computer. It's like he's not really God, just a demigod or worse.

Any ideas?????

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I don't know for this specific case, but you may need to add the
(domain?) group God to the (local) group Administrators...
Just try it and see if it solves the problem.

Best regards,
Patrick Asselman

Top Tags