cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

shading with edges

jwaffensmith
4-Participant

shading with edges

Hello i dig the new 'shading with edges' but i would like to be able to view it with reflections and shadows and and stuff. I have nor figured a way out to do this anybody have a solution? In wf5. i could go into the model display d-box and check the realtime rendering box with different display settings with creo i cant find a way to do it.

anybody, anybody?

Thanks

Jeff

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Havent managed to get it working either ... good old PTC Work In Progress I suspect

i dont know why having tangent edges on is so popular - it hides edge faults and draws edges where there arent edges - pretty silly really

Fortunately its possible to have "edges on" but with "tangent edges turned off". Only draws edges where there are edges and it unclutters the display.

Hi

Jeff

If you want to have shading and reflection you can do this through

1. Display style

2. Render setup

its the same as that in WF-5

Regards

K.Mahanta

0102.JPG

0101.JPG

Well i couldnt do it in wf5 since they didnt have the shade with edges algorythm in that release. you can dim the tangency lines in a hidden line rep but i need a shaded model with darkened edges. In wf5 you could create a mapkey with different shading and then just turn on the realtime render option. but now you cannot.

i do a lot of screen grab presentations so i like to get the edges turned on with the shadows to show clarity of form. right now i port it to edrawings so i can get the reflections, shadows and a more userfriendly perspective function. maybe there is a config op that i dont know about.

Top Tags