cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

sketch curves

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

sketch curves

Hi all, does anyone out there know how to stop sketched curves automatically hiding if they are selected to drive a feature such as a revolve or extrude. It is most annoying to continually have to manually unhide a sketch in the model tree to make it visible again within the the model. Also, saving layer status does not seem to work on such curves, so every time the part is brought into session you have to go through the same procedure again. I'm sure its a config option, but can i find it, hell no. Thanks
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hello John, I am suprised you are unhappy with the automatic hide of your sketches or curves. For me this is ideal. It leaves my model uncluttered and tidy. To edit a hidden sketch, all you do is highlight it, right click and choose edit or edit definition etc. There is no need to unhide it. If you want to see the sketch in your model without editing it, just click the sketch in the model tree and the model will show it in red. I hope I am not missing anything. Regards, Mike

Hello Mike, i would not say i was unhappy about this feature, i agree with your comment about tidying up the model, i often do just that, hiding curves & other features for that matter, but i want to do it on my terms, not have it forced on me. These sketched curves i'm talking about often reference more than one other feature, so i just find it a bit frustrating having to unhide them all the time. Regards John

"john pryal" wrote:

Hi all, does anyone out there know how to stop sketched curves automatically hiding if they are selected to drive a feature such as a revolve or extrude. It is most annoying to continually have to manually unhide a sketch in the model tree to make it visible again within the the model. Also, saving layer status does not seem to work on such curves, so every time the part is brought into session you have to go through the same procedure again. I'm sure its a config option, but can i find it, *beep* no. Thanks

config options: autohide_external_sketch - default is yes Sean

Hi Sean, thanks for the reply, i don't appear to have this option available, when i do a search for keyword autohide, i only find one option & its not the one you mention. What version of Pro-e are you running? i'm on WF4 (M060) Thanks in advance John

Apologies - I searched in WF5 - must be a new one Sean

Probably is, thanks anyway. John
Top Tags