cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

slow performance using BOM [repeat region] on creo 4.0

TL_9415329
3-Visitor

slow performance using BOM [repeat region] on creo 4.0

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 4.0 (connected) Release 4.0 and DatecodeM140

10 sheet drawing with BOM [repeat region of 89 parts] is a very slow process, [1.5 hour] to open all sheets and then create a PDF. when i removed the BOM and saved it, got out of session, recalled it back up [wo BOM] and it takes 1.5 minutes to open all sheets and create a PDF. With some of the obvious config.pro settings to improve time are already set ; are there any other config.settings that are for the repeat regions

Here are the errors that I faced
none ; just time consuming
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TL_9415329)

Open AND create the pdf? What about just "open"?  And what about just "create the pdf"?

Separating the 2 will help diagnose the issue.

How are you creating your PDF? PDF printer or file - save as?

Majority of the time is opening up the drawing and  going to each sheet so Lets emphasize on that and not so much on the PDF.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I've personally never noticed a performance problem with repeat regions. The past few years my largest ones have been in the 50-75 component range.

Are you using a lot of repeat region relations? Maybe strip out anything that is not basic and see if that helps.

Or creating a "basic" repeat region with nothing other than index number and file-name or part number parameter and seeing if that is still slow. 

remy
21-Topaz I

a 10 sheet drawing with a significantly large repeat region is causing slow downs and random exit when the BOM is removed and the drw saved. This is an unusual behavior and time wasting.

Did you try and the dtl option update_solid all?

Does the issue happen with more recent release? 

Finally if you can file a case and attach the traceback for analysis.

Top Tags