cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

update restrected val definition

sclamens
5-Regular Member

update restrected val definition

Hy every one.

I need your help to update my restrected val definition. I used to do it in the parameter properties. But from now several days I can't do it any more. I have a mesage that says: in french (Aucun conflit détecté entre la définition interne et le fichier externe) even if I make a modification in the file *.lst that controle my parameters nothing hapens.

In my config.pro I have: restricted_val_definition S:\Dossier_de_travail_(ProEngineer)\Bibliotheque\Standard_ZFDF\Parametre.lst

What can I do?

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

when you change Parametre.lst file, you have to:

• restart Creo
  • open model
  • update model parameters - see following picture

MH

Martin Hanák
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:sclamens)

Hello Stephane CLAMENS

Martin Hanak is correct. Best place where to "Update restriction Definiton" are starting parts.

Check your "starting files" - config options:

- template_solidpart

- template_sheetmetalpart

- template_designasm

- intf_profile_dir ( imported part profiles for *.PRT and *.ASM)

Regards

Milan Bonka

sclamens
5-Regular Member

All my templates are Ok but I dont anderstand what the option intf_profile_dir is made for. My is not set up. What do I have to put in?

In my config.pro

mbonka
15-Moonstone

intf_profile_dir ... folder for *.prt and *.asm template files used for newly created imported parts (STP, IGS etc.)

Martin Hanak is true, if you need Update Restriction Definition IN EXISTING part/assembly.

But if you want Update Restriction Definition in LONG TIME TERM, than the best way is keep your template/start parts in best condition.

Than newly created parts/assemblies will be created with "active/last" version of restricted parameters.

Both ideas got a piece of true...

Regards

Milan Bonka

sclamens
5-Regular Member

Capture1.png

Hello,

Steel cant find the clue. I've check my *lst file it looks good. I saved it in all deferend type and tried to update the parameters in my part but it steel doesn' t work. I have the above message. What can I do?

It looks like it doesn't detect the new data I've had in the *.lst file

Thanks for your answer Milan Bonka but I dont realy understand what you mean.

Actualy I'm not an expert with this job.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

please upload your part and lst files using How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure. I will check your data on my PC.

MH

Martin Hanák
sclamens
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I found the source of the problem .

In Parametre.lst, 'ISO 2768 c L' value is duplicated in tg definition. Creo reports the problem during startup -  I can see following error message in Message window:

The External File for Restricted Parameters was not loaded because of wrong format.

I am sendig you Parametre.lst file without duplicate value. I guess that your intent was to enter 'ISO 2768 m L' instead of first occurrence of 'ISO 2768 c L'.

MH

Martin Hanák
sclamens
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks a lot I didn't have the idea this could be the probleme beacause I did not undestand the error message. If this apen again I'll look carfuly

Top Tags