cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

web_browser_homepage set to current active workspace

StephenW
23-Emerald II

web_browser_homepage set to current active workspace

How do I make my default web browser homepage my active current workspace. Our admins here changed ours to go to their "help" page. I use that page once every year, I use my active workspace once every 30 minutes, doesn't make sense to have it set to something I rarely use.

I know the config option web_browser_homepage but I haven't figured out the value to get it to the active workspace, only the "pdmlink" homepage listing my workspaces, checked-out work and updates.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
35 REPLIES 35
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:ggalli)

I just tried doing on Wildfire 4 what I wrote but I can't get it.  I know I was able to do it in the past.  Maybe it was before we started with PDMLink.

I actually got the trail file method to work and it does open my WS automatically every time I start Creo, then I also use the mapkey whenever I need to refresh.  That said though, for some reason it only works on my machine, and for some reason the same mapkey kicks another person offline instead of activating the WS.  I was really hoping to get it to work so that everyone could benefit.

As for how to run it, if you are using a batch file then on the line you start Creo just put a space and then quote the location of the trail file made into a text file.  So for example, the line in my batch file looks similar to this (shortened for clarity reason):

• Without using trial file, Batch line looks like this:
    start "" "c:\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe"
  • With trail file Batch line looks like this:
    start "" "c:\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" "Z:\Trail_Customization\mapkey_Open-WS_F6.txt"

Here Z-drive could be a shared network drive, however, like I said before if another user tries this they get kicked off...so if anyone has any suggestions on how to change the trail file so it doesn't do that for other users that would be appreciated.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:LawrenceS)

Does everyone have the "Z:" drive mapped to the same location?

Yes, everyone who is using that network drive it is mapped the same way.

I did some extra tests and found what is weird is that for my computer I can delete everything in the trail file except the actual command and it works for me but kicks others off.  Very odd.  Below is the exact and complete trail file that works for me to open the active WS.  It allows me to open Creo using my batch file, then sign into PDMLink, then opens my active WS (For other users it opens Creo, allows them to sign in, but in the process it switches them offline...?).

Complete Trail file contents that works on my computer but not others:

!playing mapkey $F6

~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.ProExplorerTab` 1 `PHTLeft.Folders`

~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `workspace_pb`

Any other ideas?

I found that the above trail file somehow was not recognizing the last active WS, but was opening it to whatever WS I was using when I created the mapkey.  I am not sure how that is even possible since that is not in the code and it is so simple, but I looked at again and found that if I add one line it has been working on my computer (not sure about others yet).  So this is the complete trail file that I am using and it is working for different WSs:

~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `main_dlg_cur`

!playing mapkey $F6

~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.ProExplorerTab` 1 `PHTLeft.Folders`

~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `workspace_pb`

----------------------------------

It is worth noting that the first line with ~ Activate, is only clicking on Creo to activate  after being in another window.  Then the rest is me pressing the F6 mapkey to open the active WS.  So far so good!

llie
16-Pearl
(To:StephenW)

I would be careful as to what you set your homepage to as we have run across major performance issues with Java.

After 9.1 to 10.0 to 10.1, and now on 10.2 M020, our best homepage is blank with only 4 links and one of them is to Windchill.

We trained our Engineers to click on Workspace like Christopher mentioned as long as you have the config.pro setting dm_remember_workspace. It actually saves you a few steps.

Workspace:

Click Workspace, log in to PDMLink, - 2 steps and you are in your workspace

Embedded Browser:

Select Windchill link, Log in to PDM Link, Find your Workspace, then activate - 4 steps but a lot more mouse travel

Top Tags