cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

when is Creo 4.0 expected?

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rohit_rajan)

I think sometime next year (2016), but nothing is listed on the Product Calendar yet.

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
TomU
23-Emerald IV

I think sometime next year (2016), but nothing is listed on the Product Calendar yet.

Hi Rohit,

The tentative FCS date of Creo 4.0 F000 is November 22, 2016.

This is not fixed and is subject to change.

Thanks,

Amit

Amit just a thought it's too late a date.. More than 2 years after Creo 3.0... Might just lose out to competition!

thanks for the feedback Rohit, but i'm in tech support... i have no input on that front , just the messenger...

amit

If many more give there suggestion.. Would like to know other opinions also

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I agree.  A November 2016 release date would be the longest time between releases as far back as I can see, and possibly since the inception of Pro/e.

creo_release_dates.PNG

A more appropriate release date (but still over the average) would probably be sometime around April 1st, 2016.  Frankly, I'm surprised PTC isn't trying to roll it out just in time for next year's PTC live global in June...

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

May be Creo is not  a priority any more!

I say this as a fan Pro|Engineer... not as a customer

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

Unless Creo opens other 3D CAD  files with history... I do not think it would be worth a wait that long..

lbai
4-Participant

Info from PTC GS engineer, PTC will release Creo 4.0 beta in 2016 PTC live global in June 2016, but Creo 4.0 F000 will be available in Nov 2016.

The following are some highlight enhancements for Creo 4.0 for you reference only:,

• After select object(edge,surface,feature, component) by LMB, some related menus/commands will prompt automatically, just like Creo Direct and Creo Elements/Direct Modeling
  • Import/export support AMF for 3D printing
  • Support Full Screen mode
  • Provide some system schemes
  • Add flexible modeling extension into sheetmetal mode and assembly mode
  • Support flexible hose into piping
  • Update standard for geometric tolerance
  • Update standard for surface finish symbol
  • Add GD & T Advisor as one extension
  • Add Keyshot as one extension
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:lbai)

After 2.5 years, that's not much new of significance. Certainly, not much that my company will care about.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Well the post does say some of the highlights.

So may be there are more

I would have to say that PTC does give much better new versions than other softwares.. They are much more robust.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You have never used Siemens NX then!

With NX I would have no issues with installing a new version when it was released.

With PTC, I NEVER install anything less than a M040 release into production so hopefully the early bugs have been eliminated.

When Wildfire was first released, I installed the pre-production C000 build onto a spare computer. Tried to build a cube, got the sketch done and went to extrude the height and it was an instant program exit. Repeated it a few times (and rebooted) to be sure it wasn't just something I did.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

NX to has thousands of bugs.NX 10.0.2,10.0.1, NX 8.5.1,8.5.2,8.5.3..etc etc.

Yes i am not an NX user but I have gone through the list of bugs on their website and its very long.

Then may be you have never used Solidworks. Their Solidworks 2014 sp5 their last service pack has know bugs not fixed. Solidworks 2015 SP4 their second last service pack is highly unstable.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Any software of the complexity of CAD has bugs that surface.

My comment was in relation to "PTC does give much better new versions" rather tan bug fixes overall.

With Siemens, I knew the initial release was solid enough to put into production use.

With PTC, I would not put a F000 build into production.

I remember those days when I had all the flexibility of NX and it all worked.

As JB said we not always first but when we deliver we do it the best.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:dgschaefer)

Without a doubt this is not the full list. For instance we know that they will be allowing spaces in file names:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Addtl-Creo-Products-View-Sketch/Allow-spaces-in-filenames/m-p/454746

Maybe the reason for the delay is because they are working on the number one voted on idea (multi-processors).

And those are the highlights. None really outstanding and some, like the GD&T (sic) are long overdue.

Maybe my curvature controlled element will be included? No chance, too useful.

whu-2
4-Participant

Keyshot is a very good render good. I just hope PTC doesn't enable the power functionality of keyshot, should add full version of keyshot.

Moldex3D is very good, but PTC Creo Mold Analysis based on Moldex3D is included limited functionality of Moldex3D only, so limited Moldex3D is useless for use.

Also PTC should embed CFD module into Creo 4.0 since 3rd software CATIA, NX and Solidworks are including CFD  TOOL.

magnus.salomons
14-Alexandrite

Some info about the GD & T Advisor.

What will be available in PTC Creo 4.0?

All versions of PTC Creo 4.0 will include the PTC Creo 4.0 GD&T Syntax Checker to perform basic syntax checking ensuring that annotations are constructed properly. This base functionality is analogous to a spell checker in a word processor. The optional PTC Creo 4.0 GD&T AdvisorSM module will provide a guided workflow for creating semantically correct annotations that properly constrain the surfaces and features of the part. This additional functionality evaluates the context of the annotation and its relation to other annotations, analogous to a grammar checker in a word processor.

Magnus, both of these functionalities sound very interesting and potentially very useful!  I look forward to trying them and seeing how well they work. 🙂

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

Without a tool to run a variation simulation based on the given tolerancing, it is still up to people to understand if it is done correctly. Being semantically correct is trivial; being useful and adequate is what is difficult. To be of benefit, the system needs to provide an accurate variation analysis based on the overall dimensioning and tolerancing scheme.

whu-2
4-Participant

the latest info from TS flexible hose project is cancelled in Creo 4.0. It seem PTC mainly focus on IOT, a lots of creo 4.0 projects are cancelled.

I see how the IoT is affecting Windchill development, what does this have to do with Creo?  Or are they just taking development money from Creo in order to fund Windchill?

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:whu-2)

Wait, you are saying that 1.5+ years after the release of Creo 3 (and still a full year away from Creo 4 release), and you're saying that many functionality enhancements planned for Creo 4 are being canceled?  How do you know this?

--
LinkedIn
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dgschaefer)

Creo 4.0 just recently reached the "code freeze" milestone.  This mean no more new functionality will be added and the focus will now shift to stabilization (testing and bug fixing).

mfranken
1-Newbie

‌wtf Full screen mode as a new feature. Guys are you serious? It's 2016 or is PTC still in de Dos or Unix mode...

I'm not exactly sure what that means.  I've had "open_window_maximized yes" set in my config since WF5 and it may have been possible earlier.  This opens Creo in full screen, so I'm assuming "full screen mode" might means somethign else.

Creo and Proe traces its root to Unix and the legacy cascading side menus required some open screen real estate to the right of the main window.  Up until Creo 1, there were still significant parts of the software that relied on the old cascading menus.  They would sometimes appear behind the main window if it was maximized, so running maximized wasn't advisable.  They still pop up occasionally, but not nearly as often and they are smarter about appearing on top instead of underneath.

--
LinkedIn
Top Tags