cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

why is creo 3 memory performance so poor?

mbrockman
6-Contributor

why is creo 3 memory performance so poor?

there is significant memory usage when opening identical file in creo 3 vs creo 2 and wildfire. see attached image

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found that if I exited the other pro/e applications that creo 3 opened the file with similar memory usage. Performance was similar. So creo 3 is NOT a memory hog as I suspected. This issue alone should not deter people to migrate to creo 3

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I don't have answer, just wanted to make a general comment...........We are currently on Creo2 and thinking about upgrading to Creo3, I had heard rumors about it takes more horsepower to run Creo3.

I found that if I exited the other pro/e applications that creo 3 opened the file with similar memory usage. Performance was similar. So creo 3 is NOT a memory hog as I suspected. This issue alone should not deter people to migrate to creo 3

If you've found memory is no poorer in Creo 3, you may want to rename or remove this post!

I noticed that one of the xtop's is 32 bit and the other is 64 bit.

64 bit apps will use more memory. It needs it to manage the longer memory addresses.

Top Tags