cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

window 7 license borrow

DarylWolf
4-Participant

window 7 license borrow

just got new machine with windows 7 64 bit. cant borrow license. what can i do to fix this. i borrow quite often for my job.

thanks

Daryl

5 REPLIES 5

For whatever reason when we execute the "proe_borrow.bat" we have to run it as administrator. If we don't we get an error that the "proe.exe" can not be found. When we select the "proe_borrow.bat" RMB and select "run as administrator". This will allow us to execute the license borrowing without issue. Hope that this helps.

Brian, this works to borrow the license but then when I open pro it tells me deleted borrowed license and it wont open. Am I missing something else to the trick. After I borrow the license I exit pro , shut my machine down, then when i get home and want to open it i turn it back on and start proe. Is there something I do different than you and your pattern.

Thanks again.

Daryl,

Here is the process that I follow. I execute the license borrow and when Pro comes up I grab any floating modules that I want to borrow (usually a manufacturing license). I then close Pro and turn the system off. I haven't ran into any issues with the license not being borrowed, so I really don't have any insight into what could be causing your issue.

Just tried the process and it worked. The one thing that I forgot to mention was I found that I can't use the short cut that I have on my desktop, I need to go to the loadpoint, bin, proe.exe and start the application from there. Hope that it helps.

Brian, I found out through the ptc.com help (which normally hides any pertinent information) that there was an update for the license borrow issue. I was using M010 and I upgraded to M060 and it works perfectly. Just thought I would let you know. Thanks for the help.

Daryl

Top Tags