cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

xtop.exe - background mode - option to ignore conflict when

ChrisPLM
9-Granite

xtop.exe - background mode - option to ignore conflict when

Hello, we have an application which download file from Windchill, load them into xtop.exe in a non graphic mode. This is what I call the background mode. We have noticed that some of the models cannot be loaded. When we open those models manually using ProE in a graphic mode, the user is asked to take an action (ignore conflicts, check out/continue/read only etc.... this type of messages). We have also noticed that the Windchill Publisher also loads the models in a non graphic mode but it does not have any issue in loading those models. I am wondering if there is a type of config or option we need to use to tell xtop.exe something like. "If conflict, accept default option and carry on" Do you know what I mean ? Have you experienced this before ? Does such config/option exist or is it reserved for the Windchill Publisher. Thank you in anticipation and have a good holidays best regards
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

freeze_failed_assy_comp yes ? Reinhard

Hi, I am not sure the option freeze_failed_assy_comp will help much though. I have attached a screenshot of technical conflict which does not provide any options Just one which must be accepted. Is there any config which could be used to automatically accept it ? thank you
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:ChrisPLM)

Looking at your conflict picture...we have a similar issue today (3 years later...) What is PTC's solution? This Popup is very disatisfying and doesn't help out the User experience(UX).

Chris,

did you find any solution of your problem ?

Thanks in advance for any piece of information.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

worth a try:

fail_ref_copy_when_missing_orig

retrieve_data_sharing_ref_parts

Reinhard

Hello

I had forgotten about this old post. At the end (quite recently actually) we were given this option

dm_auto_conflict_resolution yes

and it seems that it did the trick.

Let us know what you think

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:ChrisPLM)

Thanks Chris,

It eliminates the pop-up window in WF5 and CP2. I'd also recommend for Admins to review the config settings for dm_check_on_the_fly and verify_on_save_by_default as the user will not get the up-front option during Open, Edit and Save actions when connected to WC.

I strongly recommend to never use this option with the users. They will not see any conflict message which are supposed to help them to solve the conflict. If there is a conflict there is a very good reason for it.

We use this option in an automatic tool which must open the drawing regardless of its condition.

My admin team has not propagated this option to our user communities. You can bet that the day we do the support team gets hundres of calls that their models got problems and they do not know why. !!!!!

The reason of that call was to find a way to make xtop.exe process more drawings per avoiding such conflict messages

Also, this option is hidden and for good reasons....

Chris,

we will use hidden dm* option on visualization machine, only.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags