cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

why xml is treated as a binary in Integrity 10.5

pyamamoto
1-Newbie

why xml is treated as a binary in Integrity 10.5

hello, I have xml files that want to upload to our PTC Integrity Source server 10.5

I noticed when I choose Data Type to "Auto" (default), then the file is sucessfully loaded, but as binary, and I miss the PTC integrity keywords expanded there.

when I try to use "Text",  then  I got the error message as attached

ScreenShot2057.png

I don't understand why, because file is valid xml , and can be opened by any text editor and browser.

see a sample small XML file attached.

just in case, this is version we are using here

ScreenShot2058.png

Thanks for any help in advance,

Regards,

Pablo

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The reason this XML file is identified as Binary is because there is a single line of text longer than 16k characters.

See Article 84232 for details.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:pyamamoto)

I use v10.4 and have no problems with xml files.

I had a quick look at the file you enclosed and it does seem to contain binary data.

Do you have a smaller, simpler, pure text file you could test with?

If this file is generated by another application, you may want to add a true text-xml file first with the same name to force Integrity to register it as text, then check-in the real file and see what happens.

The reason this XML file is identified as Binary is because there is a single line of text longer than 16k characters.

See Article 84232 for details.

Announcements

Top Tags