cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

A lot of no sense lines in Stream Thing

Duartefe
11-Garnet

A lot of no sense lines in Stream Thing

Hi Everyone,

I have created a stream thing and I have a service in another thing which writes a line at the stream thing. I would like to write just one line per day, when the service triggers, but I do not know why after the first trigger it writes one new line every minute. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Felipe Duarte

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Duartefe
11-Garnet
(To:zyuan1)

Hi Zyuan and All,

I could find the problem. There is no no sense lines, the unique no sense here is me. :)

I wrote at the same service to parse the csv file to Infotable and to write a new line at the Stream Thing.

Since I am using the infotable on a different widget, it is triggering the service everytime.

I will just write a separated service to add the line to Stream Thing and it will solve the problem.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,what are you using to trigger the addstream service you created? 

You mentioned you just want to run the service one time per day, are you planning to do it manually or trigger the service through subscription listening to a Scheduler/Timer event?

Duartefe
11-Garnet

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by addstream service.

I already have a scheduler thing which triggers other services but I did not insert the service which writes a line in the stream thing. I have just tested the service and it works, create one line at the stream thing and after that It got crazy writing lots of lines.

Thanks for the reply.

Duartefe
11-Garnet

Hi,

I found what is causing the adding lines, but still do not understand. Since I am developing the mashup yet, everytime I reload it a new line is written on the stream thing. At the mashup I am using the service "GetStreamEntriesWithData" from stream thing which is loaded when mashup loads. This service I am using to display a chart.

Any idea about my problem?

Duartefe
11-Garnet

Hi Zyuan and All,

I could find the problem. There is no no sense lines, the unique no sense here is me. :)

I wrote at the same service to parse the csv file to Infotable and to write a new line at the Stream Thing.

Since I am using the infotable on a different widget, it is triggering the service everytime.

I will just write a separated service to add the line to Stream Thing and it will solve the problem.

Thanks for your help.

That's cool, when you met similar problems, always check what is triggering the function, that will direct to most solutions.

Top Tags