cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

ADO Thing

bot1q
11-Garnet

ADO Thing

Hello,

when you plan to update to newer .net version. Currently it is .net 3.5 .... Instalattion of 3.5 on newer server is not so nice ...

you could also set it as open source and the community will do it.

6 REPLIES 6
odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:bot1q)

Hello @bot1q 

Can you please clarify it more?

Thanks

Om Dukiya

bot1q
11-Garnet
(To:odukiya)

The ADO Service need .net 3.5.

.net 3.5 

Initial release February 14, 2002; 18 years ago

If we want to use it we have to install 3.5. It is not a big deal for older servers than MS Server 2019.

We have big issues to install it on MS Server 2019.

My question is: Why PTC is not updating it to newer .net version.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS301086?&language=en&posno=1&q=ado%20service&source=search << PTC Link

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @bot1q.

Can you confirm where you are downloading the ADO service from?  The one on the Marketplace indicates it supports .NET 3.5.1 and above.

Here's a link to the page in the Help Center.

Regards.

--Sharon

bot1q
11-Garnet
(To:slangley)

Hello @slangley ,

you are right. But this is buggy.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS301086?&language=en&posno=1&q=ado%20service&source=search <<

Download from PTC Marketplace.

we also had your support which should help us. After they had no suggestion i had a look and help our ops and fixed it in 15 min ... (that was not the .net 3.5 issue)

I've simply dont have time to develop such things like an MS Office connector. For me this should be state of the art for any tool which call itself a "plattform".

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @bot1q.

Please feel free to post any suggestions for improvements, new features, etc. on the ThingWorx Ideas board.  Doing so will allow others to vote for it which will improve the possibility that it will be included in a future release of the product.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @bot1q.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags