cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Add a message on an image

Konstantin
2-Guest

Add a message on an image

Dear all

I have an image mushup and need to add messages on it. Messages will emerge in case some event is trigged. List of mushaps contains some options that could meet my needs (like 'status message' or label, etc.) but the problem is that an image is resposible when others require a panel. Once I add a panel, the image becomes not responsible and looks quite poor.

Is there any solution?

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:Konstantin)

Could you try the layout widget and then use panel on the parts that do not require an image?

Already did it.

Divided a layout into several rows and colums. The problem is that the image inserts in one of cells - not in a parent layout

posipova
20-Turquoise

This would not be an out-of-the-box available feature. You may need to customize the layout widget to add the feature yourself. Otherwise, you may contact Professional Services who could do this for you (for a fee).

Use a layout with a footer, and a single row.  Use Value Display widgets in both the row and the footer.  Size the row and footer appropriately to display your image and message.  Bind the image URL to the row value display data property and your message to the footer value display message property.

vxavier
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

Maybe you can use the image as background of the row/column, panel or layout. 

That way the image will keep its size, and you can have labels or widgets above it.

Does that work for you?

Thanks,
Vinicius.

Top Tags