Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add limit lines to a Time Series Chart

Re: Add limit lines to a Time Series Chart

Sorry that me.name can't be used, since it is interpreting everything within the context of the InfoTable assigned.

The use of a property and calling a known service should still work though I think.

What makes me.name necessary?

Because myTemporaryProperty is binded with myThing. Every myThing has a different limit values, so different myTemporaryProperty.

It's even not possible to use DeriveFields to add a new column of type STRING with the name of myThing in "epxression". It's considered like a field in the InfoTable assigned, and not a constant value !

I think I need to log the thing's name in ValueStream too. So it's possible to call different services by using the "ThingName" column of the InfoTable assigned.

Can someone actually help me to use a property to put an upper limit on time series? Please guide me on how to use DeriveFields to use a parameter and how to further use it?

If your Thing is "MyThing" and the property "UpperLimit" is the limit for the Time Series Chart, you can use the code below to add the column limit to your data before return to the chart:

var data = ...;

var params = {

types: "NUMBER" /* STRING */,

t: data /* INFOTABLE */,

columns: "limit" /* STRING */,

expressions: 'Things["MyThing"].UpperLimit' /* STRING */

};

var result = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].DeriveFields(params);

Announcements

Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum! ______________________________