cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Advice for design and implementation of the below architecture.

Sri1
13-Aquamarine

Advice for design and implementation of the below architecture.

Hi,

I needed suggestion on designing and IOT application. 

I am going to describe it with an example flow which is similar to my existing requirement.

-> Consider there are 2 groups of users with a group head each. Each group have 4 members.

-> There are 4 machines and respective 4 things created in thingworx( whose parameters are linked to machine tags)

-> Each machine's data, information and related operations will be assigned to particular users from both the groups

-> There is one general mashup designed, which will should the respected machine information when the respected user login's to the application.

-> And there will be common set of services designed that will be linked to the mashup.

Question:

How to display data and information of different machines, when that respective user log's in the application(Mashup) on that same Mashup. 

I have drawn a diagram for better understanding.

Now is need some advice on how to achieve this architecture . 

Regards,

Sri1

1 REPLY 1
wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:Sri1)

Make sure you understand TWX security--specifically visibility for organizations on a thing.  TWX will automatically control whether a user has access to a thing based on the assigned visibility.  So when you "GetImplementingThings" or do any sort of search, only the things to which the user has access will be returned.  Your services can aggregate your data and you can be assured it's only aggregating the info for the things the current user can see.

Top Tags