cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Already installed Thingworx foundation not working

sagarmemane92
11-Garnet

Already installed Thingworx foundation not working

Hi,

I have the ThingWorx trial version 8.5 for 90 days  which is  installed in March-2020.

Now it is not working and Apache tomcat immediately stop automatically once start.Now not able to access ThingWorx foundation.

Thanks in Advance 

Regards,

Sagar

5 REPLIES 5

Do you have ThingWorx Application logs generated in ThingworxStorage->Logs directory ? I am not sure about trial instance but I assume you should have access to Thingworx or tomcat logs .If you have, can you please attach to this thread ?

Thanks,

Mukul Narang 

Hi Mukul,

PFA here of my log file.

Tomcat file (tomcat9w) file is not opening and giving errror "the specified service does not exist as an installed service. unable to open the service 'tomcat9' "

Thanks and Regards,

Sagar Memane

Hi,

according to your logs the following Error occurs:

2020-04-20 05:26:52.909-0700 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: main] ====================================================================
2020-04-20 05:26:52.909-0700 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: main] Failed to load FlxCore library. Ensure it's in PATH (Windows) or LD_LIBRARY_PATH(other platforms) or set with the VM arg, -Djava.library.pathError message : com.flexnet.licensing.DllEntryPoint.entry([B)I
2020-04-20 05:26:52.909-0700 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: main] ====================================================================
2020-04-20 05:26:52.909-0700 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: main] Shutting down the Platform.

So make sure you set The Library Path correctly in the Windows Service. (Point 18 in http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FInstallation%2FInstallation%2Finstall_java_and_apache_tomcat_2.html%23)

or if you didn't use the servicve:

• Go to your Tomcat folder
  • go to bin folder
  • create a file named "setenv.bat"
  • add the following code: 

set "CATALINA_OPTS=%CATALINA_OPTS% -Djava.library.path=C:\[TomcatFolder]\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions"
set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8"
exit /b 0

• Replace [TomcatFolder] with your local install

(ported to windows from http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FInstallation%2FInstallation%2Finstall_java_and_apache_tomcat__ubuntu_.html Point 42 (its always the answer, Thx D. Adams ))

best regards

Hi @sagarmemane92.

Please refer to this article for running the Configure Tomcat tool.  However, if ThingWorx was running successfully previously, the failures you are experiencing indicate that something in your configuration changed to cause the issue.  Do you recall any changes?

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @sagarmemane92.

Have you made any progress in resolving your issue?  If you are still struggling, please let us know the current status so we can try to assist.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags