cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

An installation of PTC Creo View is required in order to use this Widget.

ydai
1-Newbie

An installation of PTC Creo View is required in order to use this Widget.

Hi all,

I install Creo View Express 4.1 and ThingWorx 7.1.2-b6. I import the Creo View Widget into ThingWorx. But when I view the mashup, the browser reports me an error: An installation of PTC Creo View is required in order to use this Widget.

How can I solve this problem? Thanks a lot.

7 REPLIES 7
liliu
8-Gravel
(To:ydai)

Hi Yijun,

I used to use Creo View widget before. As I know, you need to install Creo view on your PC and creo view  plug-in into your browser so that your browser can display 3D image.

Best Regards,

Lily

ydai
1-Newbie
(To:liliu)

Where can I download the creo view plug-in for my browser?

liliu
8-Gravel

Hi Yijun,

I consult with Creo View engineer, it should be Creo View Clients.

Best Regards,

Lily

Hi,

I am also trying to run CreoView Widget with Navigate custom apps .

Really a CreoView (lite) must be installed. This step helps me on the server, however on my client PC this step does not help.

I run apps on Server with InternetExplorer 11. When I use Mozilla firefox, I get the "An installation of PTC Creo View is required in order to use this Widget" error mesage.

So installation of CreoView is mandatory, but not sufficient request.

Premek

Hi,

I also try to run apps on Server with IE 11, but it shows me a piece of white. It shows nothing. No error, no warning...  Would you mind to give me some ideas? Thanks a lot.

and I use the Creo View Express, I can see my part.

ykuo
7-Bedrock

Hi ydai,

Did you find any solution to fix up "shows me a piece of white. It shows nothing. No error, no warning.". Because I also get the same issue you mentioned before. Thanks.

xchen
18-Opal
(To:ykuo)

Hi ykuo,

If you could found something like following logs in your Windchill MethodServer logs, you can try to add your client host name/IP to wt.auth.trustedHosts in wt.properties file.

ERROR [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-5] wt.httpgw.filter.TrustedAuthFilter - TrustedAuthFilter: Attempt to set effective user to 'Administrator' from untrusted host 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX'

Top Tags