cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Analytics 8.2.1 Communication Settings in Analytics Builder connection unsuccessful.

abiidesignss
5-Regular Member

Analytics 8.2.1 Communication Settings in Analytics Builder connection unsuccessful.

Hi,
I installed ThingWorx Analytics Server 8.2.1 (AnalyticsServer Thing was created) and trying to install Analytics Extension 8.2.1.
After importing and configure (run configuration service, add TW_ML_Session_Variable) the extension in Foundation I am unable to configure communication settings in Analytics Builder.
The Analytics Thing can be selected but the connection is unsuccessful (logged in as Administrator) . Thingworx Foundation and Analytics both are running (on same machine).

Windows 10 pro
Thingworx 8.2.1
Analytics Server 8.2.1
Analytics Extension 8.2.1

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I think I've seen similar problems before, please try to check with this article 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi, Was your ML entity showing isconnected= true ? Did you find any logs from TWX or TWA side about it?

abiidesignss
5-Regular Member
(To:zyuan1)

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

Entity is showing isconnected=true
and I get following Error in logs:

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@1afc3e31][message: Execution error in service script [GetDatasetsAMS] :: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect]

please see attachment

Thank you

isconnected.PNGlogs.PNG

Hi, I think I've seen similar problems before, please try to check with this article 

abiidesignss
5-Regular Member

Hi,
thank you I will try that and let you know.

But I tried to reinstall the Extension unfortunately I can not delete thingworx_Analytics_Builder_Extension.
This is a known issue for the version 8.1 and should be fixed in the version 8.2.1, but still cant delete it.

Extension Package deletion failed: Unable to Invoke Service DeleteExtensionPackage on PlatformSubsystem : Cannot delete ExtensionPackage [ThingWorx_Analytics_Builder_Extension] because the following Extension Entities are still in use: [entity: AnalyticsServerRuntime, used-by: TempAnalyticsServerRuntimeInstance AnalyticsServerRuntimeInstance ][entity: AnalyticsServerFilters, used-by: AnalyticsServerFiltersInstance ]

abiidesignss
5-Regular Member

Hi,
Thanks, your solution worked.

You're welcome

Top Tags