cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Analytics Extension Import Problems

CD-TAS
4-Participant

Analytics Extension Import Problems

Hi,

I'm trying to import the ThingWorx Analytical extension tool but I'm having some issues.

The download comes with a PDF to aid with installation which I have been following. However, when I try to validate the extension it says that the validation was successful, but that some warnings have occurred.

These are the warnings; 

LogoutButton:1.0.4Extension Package [LogoutButton] is trying to override existing entities: [Default sprite style:StyleDefinition] [logoutButton:Widget] 

capacitymgmt-extension:8.3.0Extension Package [capacitymgmt-extension] is trying to override existing entities: [TW.AnalysisServices.DockerDeployerConnector:Thing] [TW.AnalysisServices.SLAServiceParamManager:Thing] [TW.AnalysisServices.DeploymentInfoDataTable:Thing] [TW.AnalysisServices.SLADataTable:Thing] [TW.AnalysisServices.JarDeployerConnector:Thing] [TW.AnalysisServices.ProviderToDeployerMappingDataTable:Thing] [TW.AnalysisServices.CapacityMgtElementsDataTable:Thing] [TW.AnalysisServices.SLAMappingDataTable:Thing] [TW.AnalysisServices.CapacityManager:Thing] [TW.AnalysisServices.SLAOperatorShape:ThingShape] [TW.AnalysisServices.SLAFunctionShape:ThingShape] [TW.AnalysisServices.CapacityOptimizer:ThingShape] [TW.AnalysisServices.QOSNewMashup:Mashup] [TW.AnalysisServices.QOSListMashup:Mashup] [TW.AnalysisServices.DeploymentInfoDatashape:DataShape] [TW.AnalysisServices.SLAMappingDatashape:DataShape] [TW.AnalysisServices.CapacityMgtElementsDatashape:DataShape] [TW.AnalysisServices.SLADataShape:DataShape] [TW.AnalysisServices.ProviderToDeployerMappingDatashape:DataShape] [TW.AnalysisServices.ClientList:DataShape] [TW.AnalysisServices.ClientComputeParams:DataShape] [TW.AnalysisServices.SLAFunctionParamDatashape:DataShape] [TW.AnalysisServices.SLAServiceParamPackage:ThingPackage] [TW.AnalysisServices.CapacityManagerPackage:ThingPackage] [TW.AnalysisServices.CapacityManagementServicesAPI:Resource] [TW.AnalysisServices.CapacityManagementCustomizationServicesAPI:Resource] [TW.AnalysisServices.SLAHelperFunctions:Resource] [TW.AnalysisServices.CapacityManagerTemplate:ThingTemplate] [TW.AnalysisServices.SLAServiceParamTemplate:ThingTemplate] 

And it's the same for Rangeslider_ExtensionPackage:1.0.4, ROCChart_ExtensionPackage:1.0.4, mathcadconnector-extension:8.3.0, analyticsserverconnector-extension:8.3.0 and 

analysisprovider-extension:8.3.0

When I try to import it says that a platform restart is required and then displays the warnings that have occurred again.

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. I'm following the ThingWorx_Analytics_Extension_Installation_Guide_8_3_174677 which came with the app but I just don't know where I'm going wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help or light that can be shed on this.
CD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The warnings didn't mean your import has failed, it's just that your imported extension contains some of the already existing entities in the TWX server.  Hopefully after restart Tomcat, your TWA extension will be upgraded to 8.4

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

So it looks like you already have it installed and the new installation tries to overwrite the old one, no? What happens when you restart the server -- can you see those entities in the Composer? Can you see the extensions installed? 

/ Constantine

The warnings didn't mean your import has failed, it's just that your imported extension contains some of the already existing entities in the TWX server.  Hopefully after restart Tomcat, your TWA extension will be upgraded to 8.4

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CD-TAS)

Hi @CD-TAS.

If one of the previous responses helped to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags