cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Animated icons

waynelove
4-Participant

Animated icons

I'm trying to display an animated image.  If you look at my other posts I've tried to use the sprites widget to no avail due to bugs with the widget.  I've tried uploading an animated gif or an animated png to the media library and then displaying them using the image widget but this process automatically converts the uploaded animated image to a static png.

Can anyone suggest a way of displaying an animated image that does not involve hosting the image outside the TW platform?

Thanks

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
waynelove
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

Thanks Pai.  Your suggestion lead me in the right direction to the final solution.  In fact, I've come up with two different workable approaches.

To save everyone else the pain of the discovery process...

Create a file repository and upload your images (use the File Repository Home Mashup from the TW marketplace to make this easy - https://marketplace.thingworx.com/tools/file-repository-home-mashup)

Then either...

... Use the LoadImage service of the file repository linked to a Value display widget to display the image.  More info can be found here (Loading image file in thingworx repository to image widget in mashup)

or

... Use the GetFileListingWithLinks service and bind the downloadLink return to an Image widget.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:waynelove)

Can you try uploading it to the repository and then using an html property to display it? You may look in this thread for an example of displaying an html image, I don't see why an animation wouldn't work when a similar approach is used. Re: ThingWorx Grid Widget Questions

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:waynelove)

I believe you can even use an Image Widget to display once you have the animated gif located somewhere that you can link to.

waynelove
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

Thanks Pai.  Your suggestion lead me in the right direction to the final solution.  In fact, I've come up with two different workable approaches.

To save everyone else the pain of the discovery process...

Create a file repository and upload your images (use the File Repository Home Mashup from the TW marketplace to make this easy - https://marketplace.thingworx.com/tools/file-repository-home-mashup)

Then either...

... Use the LoadImage service of the file repository linked to a Value display widget to display the image.  More info can be found here (Loading image file in thingworx repository to image widget in mashup)

or

... Use the GetFileListingWithLinks service and bind the downloadLink return to an Image widget.

Top Tags