cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Attach many identical ThingShapes to a Thing Template

xavalv
6-Contributor

Attach many identical ThingShapes to a Thing Template

Let say I want to model a Car. For this I create a CarTemplate. And for the wheels, I create a WheelThingShape with 2 properties (wear% and pressure). How should I link the WheelThingShape to the CarTemplate in order to achieve a final CarThing with 4 wheels, and 8 properties liked to wheels?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I know that you may be wondering 4 (same) thingshapes cannot be attached to the same template.

You may change to 

1. Use 1 shape, which contains infotable as input.  You can keep your 2 properties in that

2. Create 2 shapes instead, 1 is front tires and 2 is back tires (or even 3 for backup tires) 

You can build 4 properties in a shape, or you can use just 2 properties since the 2 tires are exactly the same

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I know that you may be wondering 4 (same) thingshapes cannot be attached to the same template.

You may change to 

1. Use 1 shape, which contains infotable as input.  You can keep your 2 properties in that

2. Create 2 shapes instead, 1 is front tires and 2 is back tires (or even 3 for backup tires) 

You can build 4 properties in a shape, or you can use just 2 properties since the 2 tires are exactly the same

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:xavalv)

Hi @xavalv.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone
(To:xavalv)

Perhaps it's a solution to define 4 properties on the template, Front/Back and Left/Right pairs. Property's type is ThingName and you can also define the expected template or shape.

Top Tags