cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Automate Thingworx Migration

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Automate Thingworx Migration

Hi Experts,

We all are well aware of the usual steps to migrate Entities from one server to another. I wanted to know if anyone has come across some automated way of doing Thingworx application migration instead of manual export and import. Objective is to achieve migration with minimal manual efforts.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Then probably Solution Central will help you in this if you are using ThingWorx 8.5.x . Check the video from this link for capabilities:  https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/solution_central/en/#page/solution_central%2Fintroduction_sc.html%23wwID0EXPAG

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

From my point of view is possible with REST API calls.

Create a custom script/executable which is exporting and importing entities with help of Source Control Entities (please see this article) .

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Hi Raluca,

Thanks for the reference but using REST call for source control it will simply export to folders and I am looking for a way to do versioning of the code everytime I do an export of the application,so that I would not have to perform "check difference" functionality and only the modified code/schema will be notified and merged.

Hi,

Then probably Solution Central will help you in this if you are using ThingWorx 8.5.x . Check the video from this link for capabilities:  https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/solution_central/en/#page/solution_central%2Fintroduction_sc.html%23wwID0EXPAG

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

If one of the previous replies answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags