cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Autorefresh widget data not refreshing collection widget

JO_9930585
11-Garnet

Autorefresh widget data not refreshing collection widget

This is Thingworx version 9.0.4

I have a service that is being refreshed every 10 seconds via an autorefresh widget. It returns an infotable of data. I am then binding this infotable into the collection widget. The refresh is successfully refreshing the service and getting the new data. I verified this in the networks tab. However, the collection within the UI is not updating. Weirdly, if I change the window screen, it then updates the UI to match the new data. 

I have tried a few things. I tried creating an expression that generates a random number. I then bind the change event to the service call instead of the refresh widget. The refresh widget is now bound to the expression. I then bind the expression to a label. I can succeffcully show that the new random number is shown via the label when the refresh happens, the service (w/ new data) fires correctly, but the collection is not updating. If I refresh the screen it updates. If I adjust the screen size, it updates. This is clearly a bug but I am unsure how to work around it.

I also tried binding the refresh widget directly to the mashup load but this does not work at all. I think it is broken until version 9.2.

What can I do here?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not a bug. I figured out why. The collection mashup has a change event for the data that was not bound. The collection itself does not have a change event trigger.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Not a bug. I figured out why. The collection mashup has a change event for the data that was not bound. The collection itself does not have a change event trigger.

Announcements

Top Tags