cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Azure DevOps merge using Git extension

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Azure DevOps merge using Git extension

Hi Folks,

I have tried using Git extension to push changes from Composer to Azure Devops branch and observed that it pushes all the changed entities and don't have any option to push only specific entities.

I am looking for a kind of selection of individual entities instead of all entities of all the developers.

Please let me know if anyone came across similar requirement with multi-developers environment or any option other than Git extension to merge updated entities with Devops branch?

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All releases of the GitBackup Extension are available here.

https://github.com/PTCInc/thingworx-gitbackup-extension/releases

Please remember this Extension is provided as-is and without warranty or support. It is not part of the PTC product suite. This project is licensed under the terms of the MIT license.

If you need OOTB Git functionality in ThingWorx, please make sure that you suggest this in the ThingWorx Ideas forum. (search to see if somebody else suggested this already)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BABA-SHYAM
14-Alexandrite
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi,

I think you need to manually put the updated/newly added extension file to the folder in repo which is generated by Git extension.

Regards

Shyam

In the new git hub extension we have some provision for selecting the entities I guess pls give it a try, I remember seeing a popup while you can select entities

also if you dont want to permanently move any entity (like users etc)to git you could update the gitignore files

Correct. Since GitBackup Extension 4.0.0, released in August 2020, users can select which entities they would like to export (and in turn Push).

Hi @VladimirRosu 

Could you please share the link to updated Git backup extension?

Thanks!

All releases of the GitBackup Extension are available here.

https://github.com/PTCInc/thingworx-gitbackup-extension/releases

Please remember this Extension is provided as-is and without warranty or support. It is not part of the PTC product suite. This project is licensed under the terms of the MIT license.

If you need OOTB Git functionality in ThingWorx, please make sure that you suggest this in the ThingWorx Ideas forum. (search to see if somebody else suggested this already)

Top Tags