cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Azure to thingworx

VS_10112707
11-Garnet

Azure to thingworx

trying to connect azure to thingworx but in 6 and 7 step  is needed to configure for following link?

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/azure_connector_scm/en/index.html#page/thingworx_scm_azure%2Fazure_connector%2Fc_azure_connector_encrypt_configuration_file.html%23

and other think  want to ask i have one server of thingworx compser which is installed on different machine so for enviroment path need to configure in my local machine or need to configure in remote machine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @VS_10112707 , 

Please find the attached file. It is a step by step guide which explains everything in detail.

Regards

Bhawna

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @VS_10112707 , 

Please find the attached file. It is a step by step guide which explains everything in detail.

Regards

Bhawna

Hi Bhawna,

Thank you for sharing this document! 

@bchaudhary 

Hello I am trying azure to thingworx your give documentation and in step 7 i am not able to encrypt file

{
security {
secret-provider = "com.thingworx.security.provider.keystore.KeyStoreProvider"
default-encryption-key-length = 256

keystore {
password-file-path = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ThingWorxFoundation"
password-file-name = "keystore-password"
path = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ThingWorxFoundation\\ThingworxStorage"
name = "keystore"
}
}
}

PT_10116336_0-1644329626315.png

this is my installation of thingworx while entering this command Init encryption.conf  getting this Error

intializing from encryption.conf, Failed to create SecurityManager, Failed to load SecretProvider 

can you help me out if possible

@bchaudhary 

Hello I am trying azure to thingworx your give documentation and in step 7 i am not able to encrypt file

{
security {
secret-provider = "com.thingworx.security.provider.keystore.KeyStoreProvider"
default-encryption-key-length = 256

keystore {
password-file-path = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ThingWorxFoundation"
password-file-name = "keystore-password"
path = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ThingWorxFoundation\\ThingworxStorage"
name = "keystore"
}
}
}

VS_10112707_0-1644330090765.png

this is my installation of thingworx while entering this command Init encryption.conf  getting this Error

intializing from encryption.conf, Failed to create SecurityManager, Failed to load SecretProvider 

can you help me out if possible

Loading config C:\\Program from classpath
Error intializing from C:\\Program, C:\\Program: No configuration setting found for key 'security'

also getting this error  while using  init encryption.conf 

@bchaudhary 

While work on step 8 follow the step as following

create temp folder where security management tool file  

PT_10116336_0-1644404519874.png

then open cmd and  enter following command

PT_10116336_1-1644404593961.png

getting this error 

Encryption key C:\\Program not found thingworx

encryptFile C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ThingWorxFoundation\\MED-61183-CD-093_F000_ThingWorx-Azure-IoT-Hub-Connector-4-2-0-5\\Thingworx-Azure-IoT-Hub-Connector-4.2.0.5\\connector\\conf\\azure-iot.conf C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ThingWorxFoundation\\MED-61183-CD-093_F000_ThingWorx-Azure-IoT-Hub-Connector-4-2-0-5\\Thingworx-Azure-IoT-Hub-Connector-4.2.0.5\\connector\\conf\\azure-iot.conf.encrypted
Encryption key C:\\Program not found

Top Tags