cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Best approach to have checkbox with name in a tree hierarchy only for the child elements

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Best approach to have checkbox with name in a tree hierarchy only for the child elements

Hello ,

I have a data source with parent child relation.

Eg:

Fruits

True,Orange

False,Apple

Vegetables

False,Potato

False,Tomato

I should allow the user to select few fruits and few vegetables. What would be the best approach to achieve it.

I tried with Advanced Tree Grid but i could not get the checkbox to be in the first column from the positioning in the settings.

1. What can i do to get the check box appear in the first column.

2. If there is any better approach with other available widgets. 

Thingworx version 9.1.5

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:sbt)

Hi @sbt.

You could try using the List widget and turn on multiselect in the properties.  If there's more to the use case that needs to be considered, please provide some additional detail.

Regards.

--Sharon

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

I can use list widget if i have just a general list. But i cannot have drill down of parent and child in that where just child can be selected.

Below image just for info.

sbt_0-1637348137953.png

Thank you!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sbt.

Our suggestion was assuming you would have multiple lists for each grouping, but it may depend on the number of groupings.

What do you intend to do with the selections?

Regards.

--Sharon

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Hello @slangley 

At max i can have 3-6 groups and each groups will have 30 child properties. based on the selection of properties from each group i have to plot the trend to basically compare the data.

Thank you!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sbt.

Do you not feel that 3 - 6 groups is a manageable number of lists?  This would be our recommendation.

Regards.

--Sharon

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Sorry I didnt get your approach. Can you add a small example if its possible. 

Thank you!!!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sbt.

Basically, you need to add a list widget for each group.  Be sure to set the MultiSelect option in the properties panel.

Regards.

--Sharon 

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Hi @slangley 

Each group meaning. adding list widget to what..??

Thanks!

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Sorry @slangley  I really didn't get the point of grouping what you are talking about. Is it something where i need to use list widget in another widget..?

eg: collection!

Thank you!!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sbt.

We're suggesting that you drag 3 - 6 list widgets to the container.  Once bound, you would need to filter each one for the grouping you expect to display:  fruits, veggies, etc.

Here's an example:

Regards.

--Sharon

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

I'm not aware that you can prevent the user to select some entries and some not. Do you really need a checkbox?

Normaly we just use the "selected style" to mark that the user selected an entry:

nmutter_2-1638911563991.png

For sure he can also select "Fruit" but this we have to filter in our service.

Top Tags