cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Best practices for Thingworx and MQTT

priyank
5-Regular Member

Best practices for Thingworx and MQTT

Hi Team, I am one of the Thingworx user and currently i am using MQTT extension 2.1.1 to subscribe the topic from Hive Broker.

I am facing two chellanges as following and looking for your guidance to resolve them.-

1.  I have tried the wild card method to subscribe the topic in Thingworx but couldn't workout.

2. I have created the property in MQTT thing to subscribe the topic from MQTT broker but messages are not getting update automatically until i manually refresh the property in Thingworx.

Please support.

Re:  post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Priyank,

In my opinion and my experiment,

1. I have tried the wild card method to subscribe the topic in Thingworx but couldn't workout.

=> Actually, the MQTT extension didn't support wild card method. But you can use the "auto mapping" feature of this extension and send the topic with your defined format such as "/Thingworx/Thingname/Property name".

2. I have created the property in MQTT thing to subscribe the topic from MQTT broker but messages are not getting update automatically until i manually refresh the property in Thingworx.

=> This is not a fault. This is behavior of front-end. Because the web browser does not refresh automatically, so, you need to call the "refresh" to load the newest data from register (although the data in register is already updated by MQTT extension)

priyank
5-Regular Member
(To:trungkien2104)

Thank you dear for prompt reply and support. I will explore the auto-mapping option and let you know the progress.

Regards,

Priyank

Top Tags