cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Best practices on defining INFOTABLE field in STREAM or DATATABLE

Sathishkumar_C
17-Peridot

Best practices on defining INFOTABLE field in STREAM or DATATABLE

Hi All,

Is there any best practices to define a data shape field as INFOTABLE and which is attached to datatable or stream?

What about data consistency and performance of the system?

Any limitation on INFOTABLE field datasets?

Thanks & Regards,

Sathishkumar C.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Sathishkumar_C : Hi Sathish,

you can refer below article on Best practices on Using the Infotables and how memory intensive they can be

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS266583

additionally i have attached one PDF document on how can we work with infotables.

Hope that will help 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Are you experiencing any particular issues in doing this?

There aren't any specific best practices for infotables in infotables. There are some articles on DataTables and Streams and their limitations that probably is the best I can point to.

Thanks for the response @PaiChung.

In INFOTABLE field dataset how many rows of data can be stored in both DATATABLE and STREAM?

I am going to update frequently at INFOTABLE field dataset. I am facing performance issue? While query and update actions it lagging little bit. Is there any best practices for these kind of scenario.

@Sathishkumar_C : Hi Sathish,

you can refer below article on Best practices on Using the Infotables and how memory intensive they can be

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS266583

additionally i have attached one PDF document on how can we work with infotables.

Hope that will help 

@rosharma Thanks for the input.

@Sathishkumar_C : please mark that response as answer to your query for benefits of others as well

If you're doing this type of storage, you should definitely consider externalizing your data storage to a custom relational schema.  You can do this as a new schema in Postgres or the DB of your choosing. PTC recommends doing this if you anticipate storing more than 250,000 rows of data in a data table or if you have highly relational requirements (which it sounds like you do if you're trying to use an infotable within your datatable/stream).

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:wposner-2)

Hi @Sathishkumar_C 

If one of the previous responses allowed you to resolve your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags