cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Binding removed from Mashup Parameter in Navigation in Thingworx 9.0

jjaskulski
6-Contributor

Binding removed from Mashup Parameter in Navigation in Thingworx 9.0

Hi,

I am testing ThingWorx 9.0 before upgrade of our project from 8.5.5, and I have a problem with binding parameters in Navigation Function in Mashup.

Preparation:

I created test Mashup using Responsive layout. I added a Parameter with a default value (source for Navigation Mashup Parameter), and a Navigation to a Mashup with a Parameter. I manually (drag and drop) bind this Parameter to the Mashup Parameters in the Navigation.

Problem:

After I change active entity in Composer or refresh the page, I get the message "Obsolete bindings for test were removed".

Same thing happens when I bind this parameter with a value coming from a Widget or a service output.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

As far as I'm concerned the issue was fixed in 9.0.1. The upgrade was enough in our case.

Regards,

Jakub

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jjaskulski)

Hi @jjaskulski.

This sounds like an issue that has already been identified, but please check this article to confirm.  If the specifics of your issue are somewhat different, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

jjaskulski
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

I've read the article you mentioned, and I'm afraid I have a different problem. There are some differences between those 2 cases, mainly:

1. I didn't use Legacy layout in Mashup, it was newly created responsive Mashup
  2. I didn't use legacy widgets
  3. The problem accusers when I use drag and drop. Binding via Configure Bindings is not possible, because when used the "Obsolete bindings for test were removed" message appears immediately.

My problem is that the dragged and dropped Parameter unbinds at the page refresh. After binding and saving Mashup the Parameter appears connected, although it does not work at Runtime, the Parameter is never bound.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jjaskulski.

I just upgraded to 9.0 as well from 8.5.6.  Did you do an in-place upgrade?

Can you provide me with your mashup and supporting entities so I can test it?

Regards.

--Sharon

jjaskulski
6-Contributor

I'm using clean installation of ThingWorx 9.0. Our 8.5.5 platform awaits for upgrade, depending on how problematic the upgrade would be right now.

I linked 2 test Mashups in attachment.

Hi,

Have you got any resolution?

As i am facing Identical issue on my end.

Regards,

Pravin

Hi,

As far as I'm concerned the issue was fixed in 9.0.1. The upgrade was enough in our case.

Regards,

Jakub

Thanks for the quick reply.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jjaskulski)

Hi @jjaskulski.

From your post, the solution to your problem was to move up to the 9.0.1 release.  If this is correct, please mark your post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags