cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Build 3D Digital Twin visualization with 3DVisualizr TWX extension

FelixJordan
3-Visitor

Build 3D Digital Twin visualization with 3DVisualizr TWX extension

Hi all,

I saw several request for digital twin and 3D visualisation solutions, so I decided to share our news here:

We launched our 3D engine & editor technology as "3DVisualizr" a couple of weeks ago. 3DVisualizr allows to create and edit 3D environments in ThingWorx, and bind asset data / KPIs to its respective 3D object to create a Digital Twin visualisation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGBRnXcjsVw)

You will find more information here: www.elisasmartfactory.com/3dvisualizr/ 

Let me know if you have questions!

Cheers

Felix 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Felix,

Really interesting! I have some questions:

• 3D Modeling how it's done? Can we import for instance a BIM modeling from AutoCAD Revit? 
  • As you said on the description, you can show data from ThingWorx, but you can add buttons that trigger actions/services on ThingWorx? 
  • Can you query the 3D model objects from ThingWorx? For instance, list all machines of type A,...

Thanks in advance,

Carles Coll

Hi Carles,

Let's see:

• The supported format is Babylon.js. So any 3D model in that format can be used. Today, conversion can / needs to be done manually, but yes, we are currently working on a automated service to transform AutoCad and STEP files into Babylon.JS.  
  • Yes, you can use the 3D engine and include it into mashups / extend it through your own mashups that contain buttons or other features that you would like.
  • Our idea is that 3D models should show in the "3d object library" from where you can drag and drop them. In here you can filter the objects to query them (if this is what you meant).

I hope I could answer your questions!
Cheers

Felix

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the answers! We may need it on the future, let's see... Really impressive job!

Best regards,

Carles.

Top Tags