cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

C-SDK - unable to file transfer from Thingworx to the Edge Device

ysb
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

C-SDK - unable to file transfer from Thingworx to the Edge Device

Hi, 

I'm running the c-sdk 2-2-3-1545  in a device and when I try to download a file from the Thingworx repository to the device, by using twFileManager_GetFile(), I receive the following error: 

[ERROR] 2019-12-03 15:09:59,666: twMessaging::handleMessage: Response ID 20 has code 160: Entity FileTransferSubsystem does not exist or is not yet associated with a Thing

[ERROR] 2019-12-03 15:09:59,666: twFileManager_TransferFile: Error invoking Copy service on FileTransferSubsystem

I tried to call the Subsystems["FileTransferSubsystem"].Copy() service (In the Thingworx side) to validate the parameters that I was using, and everything worked fine.

Can anybody help me with that ?

Did you faced that error before?

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
smainente
16-Pearl
(To:ysb)

Hi,

1. What is the error on the platform side ?

2. When you tested the Subsystems["FileTransferSubsystem"].Copy()  service, did you use the same user as the CSDK agent ? "Entity ...does not exist"  is generally a permission issue.

ysb
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:smainente)

Hi @smainente , 

Thanks for the fast reply.

1- I'm just facing errors in the device side. When I run Subsystems["FileTransferSubsystem"].Copy() I don't face any error in the platform side.

2- No, I was using different users. I will check that.

Thank you.

ysb
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:smainente)

Hi @smainente ,

1 - These are the errors in the Platform side :

-Unable to dispatch [ uri = /Subsystems/FileTransferSubsystem/Services/Copy/]: Unable to Invoke Service Copy on FileTransferSubsystem : Thing <thingworx hostname > Does Not Exist

-error executing APIRequest Message: Unable to dispatch [ uri = /Subsystems/FileTransferSubsystem/Services/Copy/]: Unable to Invoke Service Copy on FileTransferSubsystem : Thing <thingworx hostname> Does Not Exist, sending ERROR ResponseMessage to caller!

2- I tested with the same user this time....

Top Tags