cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Can I connect ThingWorx on Prem to Azure Key Vault?

MG_9567080
6-Contributor

Can I connect ThingWorx on Prem to Azure Key Vault?

We have several instances of ThingWorx and would like to utilize Azure Key vault. Is there a built in way to easily integrate ThingWorx to read from Azure Key Vault? We have enterprise databases used across instances, so when we migrate each one from Dev/Test/Prod we need to update the passwords. Unfortunately we are unable to use Solution Central. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I guess you migrate your application between Dev/Test/Prod using some CI/CD pipeline? Then I'd suggest you integrate the latter with your Key Vault, and inject those credentials into ThingWorx through a service exposed via REST API.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I guess you migrate your application between Dev/Test/Prod using some CI/CD pipeline? Then I'd suggest you integrate the latter with your Key Vault, and inject those credentials into ThingWorx through a service exposed via REST API.

geva
14-Alexandrite
(To:MG_9567080)

Agreed with Constantine that this likely goes into your CI/CD pipeline.  Other options to consider depending on how you're running those environments is using using environment variables combined with Jinja configuration files (ie: container deployment) and you could them tie Kubernetes secret provider to the Key Vault.

Top Tags