cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Can someone help with User permissions in Thingworx

SY_10165961
6-Contributor

Can someone help with User permissions in Thingworx

I have created a new mashup with my admin account and than created a different user groups. 

I have provided run time permission to the user group but when i login from any user of user group i am not able to view the mashup it shows blank.

Can you please help me what could be checked in such scenarios?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SY_10165961 

Could you pls verify if it is working for the Administrator?
If yes, then also check that your users have visibility Media, Style definitions, State definitions, Themes, etc. --
all that you have utilized in your design.

Thenafter, You can troubleshoot it by pressing F12 in your browser and Open the Network tab for errors in HTTP requests.
If there's a Issue with permissions, you can observe some red lines there, click on them and look at the Response,
it should explain what exactly is the issue.

Another thing that you may check Application.log and Security.log. You can get some hints there what is not visible for users or what objects need permissions. You can Check the given tutorial in case you need more info on permissions in ThingWorx: https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/data-model-security-control

Let me know if you need anything further.

Regards

Bhawna

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @SY_10165961 

Could you pls verify if it is working for the Administrator?
If yes, then also check that your users have visibility Media, Style definitions, State definitions, Themes, etc. --
all that you have utilized in your design.

Thenafter, You can troubleshoot it by pressing F12 in your browser and Open the Network tab for errors in HTTP requests.
If there's a Issue with permissions, you can observe some red lines there, click on them and look at the Response,
it should explain what exactly is the issue.

Another thing that you may check Application.log and Security.log. You can get some hints there what is not visible for users or what objects need permissions. You can Check the given tutorial in case you need more info on permissions in ThingWorx: https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/data-model-security-control

Let me know if you need anything further.

Regards

Bhawna

Top Tags