cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can't Install ThingWorx 8.5 Trial Version

evanfebrianto
7-Bedrock

Can't Install ThingWorx 8.5 Trial Version

Hi, I couldn't install ThingWorx 8.5.0 trial version on my windows. I have followed the installation guide but it doesn't help. My java is 1.8.0 and 64 bit. Did I miss something during the installation? I couldn't even find the uninstaller or installation log.

evanfebrianto_0-1583221238366.png

evanfebrianto_1-1583221322339.pngevanfebrianto_2-1583221363482.png

evanfebrianto_3-1583221465194.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @evanfebrianto 

I think you should have more than one bitrock*log files.

All of them are important to look at.

However I made a quick test and was able to reproduce the exact same error (now it may have several root cause).

I would recommend to do the following:

- Ensure that JAVA_HOME variable is set as System variable (not user variable) and points to a JDK not a JRE.

- Ensure that JDK/bin is in PATH system variable

- Execute sc delete ThingWorx-Foundation in an elevated  command prompt 

Once this is ok, try again the installer.

Hope this helps

Regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @evanfebrianto 

Look under %TEMP% you may have log files created during the timestamp of the install, notably some bitrock* log files.

they may have information of interest.

Kind regards

Christophe

Hi @cmorfin ,

Where can I find %TEMP% directory? I couldn't find it.

Hi @evanfebrianto 

You can find the value of %TEMP% with : echo %TEMP%

Also in Windows Explorer simply enter %TEMP% in the folder path field and it will get there.

Regards

Christophe

Hi @cmorfin ,

Thank you! I found it. I attached the log file. I have no idea why this is happening. Please help me to check the log file

Hi @evanfebrianto 

I think you should have more than one bitrock*log files.

All of them are important to look at.

However I made a quick test and was able to reproduce the exact same error (now it may have several root cause).

I would recommend to do the following:

- Ensure that JAVA_HOME variable is set as System variable (not user variable) and points to a JDK not a JRE.

- Ensure that JDK/bin is in PATH system variable

- Execute sc delete ThingWorx-Foundation in an elevated  command prompt 

Once this is ok, try again the installer.

Hope this helps

Regards

Christophe

Hi @cmorfin ,

Thank you very much for your help. I managed to Install the ThingWorx Foundation. The problem was JAVA_HOME. I pointed it to the wrong directory.

Hi @evanfebrianto.

Is this the guide you are following?  Did you validate the system requirements before running the installer?

If you have attempted to install multiple times, you may have to rip out artifacts in the registry remaining from your previous installation attempts, and remove any existing files/folders on the file system.  This process can be prone to issue, so care is needed.  It's recommended that you generate a backup of the registry before making any changes. It would also be a good idea if you're not familiar with the registry, to engage the assistance of someone who is experienced in this area.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley ,

Yes, that is the guide I am following. I did validate the system requirements as well as cleaned the registry and reinstalled the ThingWorx. But it still doesn't work. I was using ThingWorx 8.4 in another VM then I clone the VM and use ThingWorx 8.5.

Top Tags