cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Can't connect my Analytics Server

JulianaGuerra
11-Garnet

Can't connect my Analytics Server

Hello everyone! 

I've been facing a problem with Analytics and can't use it since I keep receiving the "Selected Analytics Server is not connected." message. I confirmed that my remote thing is offline and would like to know how can I put it back up? 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@nsampat

About the AppKey, I meant the expiration date update. 

However, we seem to have solved the problem. After that update, we decided to just stop the firewall and restart the Analytics server, and now is running again. 

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards, 
Juliana 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@JulianaGuerra ,

Can you confirm what version off the following you are using:

• ThingWorx Platform Server (TWX)
  • ThingWorx Analytics Server (TWA)
  • Operating System for TWA and TWX servers

Do you see any errors in ApplicationLog.log?

Is ThingWorx Analytics Server running? If not, have you attempted to restart the TWA Application using the restart utilities we provide?

Is the ThingWorx Analytics Server Application Key current and not expired, as well as assigned to an Administrator User Account?

Regards,

Neel

Hi Neel, 

So we're using TWX 9.0.0 and TWA 9.0.2 in docker. I don't see any relevant errors on ApplicationLog.log. 
The Server is running and I attempted to restart as well. The App Key was updated recently and it's not expired and is assigned to an Admin. 

Thank you for your quick response. 

@JulianaGuerra ,

When you mention that the AppKey was updated recently, was the AppKey changed? Or was only the expiration date? Are the Containers on the same virtual network?

Are you able to access the log files from the Analytics Server? Please run docker-compose logs -f for twas-adapter-ms container, and see if there are any connection errors in there.

See if this article helps resolve your problem: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS330701

Regards,

Neel

@nsampat

About the AppKey, I meant the expiration date update. 

However, we seem to have solved the problem. After that update, we decided to just stop the firewall and restart the Analytics server, and now is running again. 

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards, 
Juliana 

Top Tags