cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Can't install ThingWorx Foundation

crouch010
4-Participant

Can't install ThingWorx Foundation

Hello guys, i have a problem, for 2 days i am trying to install ThingWorx Foundation, but i got the same error every time. I tried to install it on a fresh windows 7 and 2 times on windows 10 , both fresh install, i have installed java JDK 8, i tried also with JDK 13, i have put the path in Enviorment Variables but still no success. You can see the errors in the pictures attached below. If you have any idea why this is hapening i would appreciate it.

Thank you very much ! Have a good day/night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
crouch010
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

I finally solve it, after several uninstalls and installs of JDK 8 it finally works (Windows 10 Pro, latest updates), i have installed ThingWorx Foundation Trial 90 days version 8.4 (latest i think from the website).

Thank you very much for your time !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:crouch010)

Hi @crouch010.

Are you installing a trial version?  If not, which version of the ThingWorx Foundation installer are you running?

Here is a link to the latest version of ThingWorx which includes the system requirements.  Note that only JDK 8 is supported.  Also, while it is possible to install on Windows 10, ThingWorx has not been certified on that version.

If you still need assistance after reviewing the above, please provide more details regarding your installation.

Regards.

--Sharon

crouch010
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

I finally solve it, after several uninstalls and installs of JDK 8 it finally works (Windows 10 Pro, latest updates), i have installed ThingWorx Foundation Trial 90 days version 8.4 (latest i think from the website).

Thank you very much for your time !

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:crouch010)

Hi @crouch010.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue.  For the benefit of others with the same issue, please mark the appropriate reply (even if it's yours) as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags