cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Can we collapse/hide containers in Mashup Builder?

DanWolf
12-Amethyst

Can we collapse/hide containers in Mashup Builder?

Using ThingWorx 8.5.7, is it possible to collapse or hide a container while working in the Mashup Builder?  For example, I have a fixed size container across the top of my mashup that is normally collapsed when users view the mashup.  A button click expands that container to display help and other information.  It's big (tall) enough that it takes up a lot of space on the screen when I work in Mashup Builder.  I would like to collapse or hide it while working on the mashup.  Is it possible?  For now, I change the fixed size to a small value to get most of it out of the way while I work on the mashup, then I usually forget to set it back to the normal size later.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CharlesJi
14-Alexandrite
(To:DanWolf)

Hi @DanWolf, I don't think it is possible yet as far as I know. 

If you want to edit the main part without getting influenced by the container above, you can put the main part into a contained mashup, then you can go to that single mashup and finish your design. (Though, you may need to pass the values through session parameters)

You can also bring this idea up at the following board to request for such functionality:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Ideas/idb-p/thingworxideas

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CharlesJi
14-Alexandrite
(To:DanWolf)

Hi @DanWolf, I don't think it is possible yet as far as I know. 

If you want to edit the main part without getting influenced by the container above, you can put the main part into a contained mashup, then you can go to that single mashup and finish your design. (Though, you may need to pass the values through session parameters)

You can also bring this idea up at the following board to request for such functionality:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Ideas/idb-p/thingworxideas

DanWolf
12-Amethyst
(To:CharlesJi)

Thanks for the feedback.  That header part is already a contained mashup, but I hadn't thought of making the main part another contained mashup.  That would add one more mashup layer, but I think that would still be doable.  I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Top Tags