cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can we figure out who has changed the Log Level Settings in Thingworx Composer ?

koushal
12-Amethyst

Can we figure out who has changed the Log Level Settings in Thingworx Composer ?

Hi All,

I just want to know which user is changing the Log Level of Thingworx Logs.

Is there any way to restrict the user so that they will not changed the Thingworx log level Settings.

Please help me,.

6 REPLIES 6
Dorian
6-Contributor
(To:koushal)

Hey,

I'm not sure to understand what do you want to do ....

All users allowed to see logs could change log level. But even if userA change log level to Info, userB could keep seeing logs on level Debug

koushal
12-Amethyst
(To:Dorian)

Hi,

If  User A changes the log level configuration. Does that information captured somewhere so that I can figure it out that user A has changed the log level configuration?

Another point is can we restrict user so that he cannot change the Log Level configuration? He can see the logs based on the filter but he should not change the Log level Configured. Please let me know if we can achieve this.

Dorian
6-Contributor

In securityLogs, you will find "executing request for URI: /Thingworx/Logs/ConfigurationLog/Services/SetLogLevel" with name of user, so you could know who and when change level configuration (don't know how to find the state of log for this user)

Never use this kind of practice... so I suppose no (I don't find something in log settings) but i'm not sure

koushal
12-Amethyst

Hi 

Thanks for your help. I got it.

But  I think it will be good if we can somehow restrict the user so that he mistaken don't change the log configure settings.

As, In the production environment,  we are getting a lot of logs if someone changes the log level to All.

Dorian
6-Contributor

Whatever configuration log, all logs are preserved in several files, so even in prod environment there will be logs. 

Configuration change only what is displayed in log panel on Thingworx IHM

koushal
12-Amethyst

Hi ,

There is no point of keep tracking the Debug and Trace Log in Production environment.

So, I just want to configure the log to info level so that log level above trace will be logged into log files. 

Top Tags