cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can we use RDS as complete DB for thingworx foundation?

sabharees
13-Aquamarine

Can we use RDS as complete DB for thingworx foundation?

I have a few applications which have heavy queries to read and write the stream data also complex services/mashups as well. Now, We have DB and TWX foundation both in the same EC2 instance. 

To reduce the load I would like to move my entire DB to AWS RDS PSQL.  It is good to proceed with this approach or should I create a separate EC2 instance to host my Postgres?

Also, We have manufacturing apps in the instance it has custom tables in the main DB. 

Changing the stream data to another DB is not helping I tried to use an external DB as ThingworxPersistenceProvider, it is reducing the load but still, due to a load of services and application model postgres service consumes high cpu utilization. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sabharees
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

I have received information from platform support team like AWS RDS is not officially supported by the support matrix of thingworx.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sabharees)

AWS RDS should be fine, Just make sure you have a compatible version of Postgres provided.

sabharees
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

I have received information from platform support team like AWS RDS is not officially supported by the support matrix of thingworx.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sabharees)

That is unfortunate, I do know it works (I've done some projects with AWS RDS) but if it is not officially supported, it would make it hard to get official technical support from PTC.

Top Tags