cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Cannot create new entities in Composer

KevinT
6-Contributor

Cannot create new entities in Composer

Hello,

I am not able to create new entities within composer, I also cannot edit existing entities.

I am assuming this is because of my administrator privileges linked to my account?

How do I change my admin privileges to begin working with Thingworx?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

User Administrator user or add your account into the Administrators Group (Hidden in system object). If that didn't help, you might meet the persistence provider connection problem

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:zyuan1)

Hi @KevinT.

If the response provided by @zyuan1 answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @KevinT.

If you have found a solution to your problem, please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

KevinT
6-Contributor

The issue is that I am still on a trial version of Thingworx.

Please give us a screenshot of your License Subsystem, and the error message you get when you cannot create entities.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @KevinT.

Have you been able to resolve your issue?  If not, please provide information previously requested along with the logs located at \ThingworxStorage\logs.  If your issue has been resolved, please provide the solution or mark an existing response as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

KevinT
6-Contributor

I am now trying this solution, will post my results soon...

KevinT
6-Contributor

What is the persistence provider connection problem?

Persistence Provider connection problem, when it's disconnected, you cannot create entities, and sometimes you cannot use the search function in composer. You may need to run AcquireLicense service by the time. 

Just mention to cover the possibilities.

Top Tags